Thursday, June 3, 2010

Under. Under. Underpants!

One's life is full of regrets...

The lottery ticket you should have bought...that girl you wish you'd asked out......the son you should have put up for adoption...

Bitter regrets.

James Antonas is in a play...

'It's been done!' you say, 'Sure, it was fantastic and I've never had a better time in my life...every time he was on stage it was like I was transported to some kind of heaven where handsome men pitched woo at me...but I've seen it before...and I'd love to see it again...but still...what's new, pussycat?'

James Antonas is in a play...in drag...

'...'

Exactly...

'...'

Speechless...

Yes, it's true. That most virile of men...Mr Rugged...John Wayne Jr...will be donning the garments of a lady in a production of The Underpants by some German guy adapted by funny man Steve Martin (well, not currently funny man...but we all know he was funny...and you don't ever really stop being funny...I think it just went on hiatus, the funny I mean...in absentia) being performed by Mordialloc Theatre Company.

Now before you freak out...there are still tickets available...just calm yourself...breathe...it's not too late...you haven't yet missed the theatrical event of this century...but to avoid disappoint and the inevitable social isolation that will come from not witnessing Lady Antonas in all her glory...get on the dog and bone and rustle yourself up some tickets...they're cheap as chips...well...not really...chips are pretty damn cheap...minimum chips is like $2.50 and that's usually enough to feed two people...you can't really beat that value...so...um...they're cheaper than seeing those amateur professional shows...come on...Ian McKellen for $125 or James Antonas for $20...I think it's pretty clear which one is more awesome...

It's me...

James Antonas...

I'm more awesome...

And cheaper...

But not cheap as in a hooker...cheap as in 'affordable'...

Big difference...

Anyway...details...


The Underpants is a hilarious look at the chaos and commotion caused by a simple act of fate, and a flash of a lady's undergarments. Adapted for modern audiences by Steve Martin, it is an outrageous, over-the-top, and utterly believable look at feminism, politics, sexism, and sex in general. A rollicking good night at the theatre.

25-Jun-2010 to 10-Jul-2010 - Performances: 8.15pm nightly and 2.30pm Sunday matinee.

Theatre: Shirley Burke Theatre, 64 Parkers Road, Parkdale.

Melways Reference: 87C9

Prices: Adults $20.00 Concessions $18.00 Groups (20 or more) $16.00

Bookings: 9587.5141

Get on board the James Antonas train...

Get on board dammit!

2 comments:

Simon G said...

My God. I've never seen such blatant self promotion.

You must seriously have tickets on yourself.

James Antonas said...

Yes I do Simon, yes I do.

They're for The Underpants with Mordialloc Theatre Company...didn't you read the post??

Gosh.