Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hanging with Mr Cooper

I am a genius. Clearly. As if any more proof were necessary, yesterday I pulled a gem of geniosity out of my bulbous head that saved the day!

Picture this...

K had bought a dress from a designer clothes store in Melbourne for the wedding last night in Adelaide that looked beautiful on her...really beautiful. She brings it home and thinks nothing of it. Then before she leaves for Adelaide she tries it on to see what kind of shoes to wear/buy for it. She finds that it's a bit bigger than she remembers. I look at it and still think it looks beautiful but K isn't so sure. Anyway, she goes to Adelaide on Thursday night and tries it on for her sister, R. R also thinks it's too big. Posh, I say...it looks great on her...what is wrong with you people!? So on Friday she goes to a major department store and tries on the same style dress from the designer but a size smaller and...WHAM! It's the right size...exactly what she tried on in Melbourne!! The assistants in the Melbourne designer store had given her the wrong size! So...what to do? K rings the store in Melbourne but they will only be able to give store credit if the dress is returned unworn on Tuesday when we got back to Melbourne...that was no good. We couldn't return it to the major department store because they aren't the designer store...crap. So...thinking caps on...bearing in mind this was happening on Saturday at around midday and the wedding was at 4pm! So I come up with a corker of an idea...why not buy the right size dress from the major department store today and return the wrong size dress the next day to the major department store as if that was the one you bought! Genius! So that's what I did...I bought it and said it was for a my girlfriend's anniversary...and the next day I came back and said she really disliked it, and they asked 'Why? I think it's beautiful.' And I said, 'Yeah, she must have lousy taste. She said it looked like something from Silence of the Lambs.' (A little extra colour always helps a story like this) and they refunded me the money...and that's what happened...and it went off without a hitch...perfect. I was as pleased as non-alcoholic punch.

P.S. The dress looked fantastic on K!

P.P.S I didn't look so bad either!

P.P.P.S Who am I kidding...I looked great!

James Antonas is currently in talks to transfer this story to the big screen a la other screen hustlers such as The Sting, The Colour of Money and Schindler's List.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow James, that one was packed with intrigue and suspense. It reminded me of the time when I bought the wrong sized shoes, thinking they would expand around my feet, then didn't. But they turned out to be magical shoes that could take me anywhere I wanted! As long as I walked there. Yep...

James Antonas said...

Tim you are a card...probably the 3 of Clubs...I don't know why...