Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wow...that's some opening...

Yes it is, Ricky...yes it is.


Opening.

Like a gaping hole.

An abyss.

Something through which people may enter.

And, gosh darn it...they sure are super special.

Unless you missed it on the news and the round the clock coverage the event has received today...The Underpants is opening tonight.

Well, technically it opens tomorrow night and tonight is merely a preview, but for all intents and purposes* tonight is the night we have an audience.

Ahhh...it's been a hell of a ride...well, actually...it's been pretty non-eventful really.

Not that I haven't enjoyed myself...I have...but the time has flown so quickly with this play...like sand through an hourglass...actually no...that's pretty damn fast...more like molasses through an hourglass...hmmm, that's pretty quick too...more like a clock ticking and the time passing gradually as the days end and the nights begin and the whole process repeats for two months...that's about right.

And what a bunch of characters, eh? There's...um...whatshisface...with his crazy eyes...and...um...you know, the guy who's always wearing a tie...yes! That's the one...he's a barrel of laughs...whatever his name is...

But seriously...a great bunch of people...the Man with the Irish Brogue, the Diva with the Back of Discontent, ol' Ramblin' Rose, the Vapadrop, the 'I'm going to take my shirt off in the middle of an important point'...guy, and of course, who can forget old Jewish stereotype.

I kid.

Adrian, Aimee, Tom, Vicki, Steve and Adrian are there names. Great people, each one.

They are all individuals and are all worthy of my praise and admiration. Hard workers. Bakers. Vanilla Slice Makers. We've come together and created something that...hopefully...is vaguely funny...and I'm sure we'd all agree that not one person...not one piece of this puzzle we call theatre is more important than another...

Except for James Antonas...

He's pretty freaking amazing...

Particularly if he's wearing a dress.


*is this even right!? I get confused...is it this the correct phrase or is it 'for all intensive purposes'? I don't know...that sounds pretty...well, intense. Correct me if I'm wrong...or go f**k yourself. It's win-win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

camping is intents.