Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Accidents do happen...to James Antonas

So we're all set...Kirilie had booked tickets to see Blackbird at the Malthouse...a show I really wanted to see...but there was a dilemma...the show began at 6:30pm in the City (this being a Tuesday night)...I finished work at 5:00 in Kew (not in the City)...ALSO...I had no more clean shirts or...ahem...unmentionables...although I just mentioned them...let's call them 'mentionables'...so being the bright spark I am I thought I could dash home...put on a load of laundry...hang it up to dry...leave home a bit before 6pm and arrive before the show began...perfect.

The washing machine is loaded...I set up the clothes hanger...then nip to the toilet (which is in the same room as the washing machine)...whilst there I notice the socks on my feet getting wet...lo and behold...I had forgotten to put the hose from the washing machine into the shower...so now it was spurting water all over the bathroom floor...and quite a bit of it...and it was now approaching 5:20pm...

And of course...we don't own a mop.

So I rummaged through the towels we have and decided on the one with the orange makeup stains (don't ask...) as a blotter for the water...thinking a few blots and it'll be done...but that would be in The Secret Life of James Antonas...I drop the towel and soak up some water...the towel is now drenched...and the water hasn't subsided one bit...'This is not going to work you fool.' I said to myself.

So with an eye on the time...I dash to the car...dash to the hardware store...dash off with a mop...and dash back in my slippers. I am quite dashing.

The mop barely made a dent in the water...I swear it would have been about 50 or so mop wrings to get rid of three quarters of the aqua vitae...AND the clothes are still wet in the laundry...AND it's 5:40pm...

So...regretfully I had to pull out of going to see Blackbird (which was fantastic according to reports)...and had the enviable task of mopping, wringing, blotting and hanging out wet laundry...

So I ask you...was this some kind of sub-conscience sabotage or am I just an idiot?

Actually...don't worry...I think I know.

Damn sub-conscience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So....Mr Antonas

how come no - one reads your posts ?

you are quite funny for a retarded metrosexual

seriously though,
happy birthday

sorry I didn't get you the stuffed pink - panther doll I promised

cheers

antonymous

Anonymous said...

your lobster has nice eyes

Anonymous said...

apparently blackbird was total crap

not as good as the strip show at the collingwood tavern

...according to the Age no less