Monday, September 15, 2008

Kirilie's Chocolates

Kirilie is in a musical. Part of the requirements of the cast of the show is to sell a box of fundraising chocolates to help the company put on the musical. So Kirilie...reluctantly...dragged the big box of chocolates to work (a 49 minute walk through the city!) to attempt to sell them. In an effort to aid this endeavour I wrote an email for her to distribute amongst her work colleagues to drum up some business for her. And remember...it's from Kirilie...nice and humble...don't blow my own trumpet Kirilie. Here it is:


Chocolates! Chocolates! Chocolates!

Now that I've got your attention I want to talk you about...chocolates. Yes...that constant companion, that steadfast friend...always there to pick you up when you're feeling low...then make you feel worse after eating a whole block of Dairy Milk. But my point is...I need to sell chocolates! Not just any chocolates I'll have you know...fundraising chocolates!

As you all must now know...I am an extremely boisterous and talkative person...so I'm sure I would have told you that I was performing in a musical...if I haven't...I am performing in a musical.

Unlike Broadway or the West End or Adelaide...the amateur musical circuit doesn't have the capital to keep putting on high quality glitz, glamour and pizzazz to rival the professionals...so they ask for help...in the form of chocolates. And that's where you come in! By purchasing one or eight of these chocolates you will be supporting those that don't have the ability to support themselves...sure you could donate to those other supposed 'charities' but why waste your hard earned moolah when you could get hard earned chocolate...it's win-win. We get your precious money and you get the precious chocolate. Understand? It's simple...and delicious.

Everything costs a dollar...from Crunchies, Time Outs, Picnics, Caramello Koalas, and good old Freddo Frogs. Who knows...your dollar might buy...a dollar's worth of nails...or...a dollar's worth of paint...it's capitalism at its best!

Think about it...as you sit there in the afternoons to come...contemplating that empty void at 3pm...ask yourself the question...can I go without?


No...you can't.


So come by me and I will fill that void with cheap chocolate and a song...like Willy Wonka...only less creepy...well...less creepy than the Johnny Depp version...more on par with the Gene Wilder version...but less threatening...that's it...like a less threatening Gene Wilder Willy Wonka...only female...and working in superannuation.


Who can take a sunrise, sprinkle it with dew? Cover it in chocolate and a miracle or two...Kirilie can...yes Kirilie can 'cause she sells it for a dollar to make her musical good...


As if that wouldn't sell a truckful of chocolates!


Update

Kirilie has sold all the chocolates. I repeat, Kirilie has sold all the chocolates. It took roughly 2 hours to sell the 40 or so chocolates...and she didn't have to do anything...just sit at the desk and watch the money come rolling in.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

chocolate is good...mmm