Monday, May 26, 2008

The Life of James

Phew...let me catch my breath...it's been a whirlwind of inactivity over here...it seriously feels like nothing has really happened in my life recently...so let's recap...
  • Journey's End was a rousing success, especially on a personal level (got some really nice photos of me pulling all sorts of 'actorly' faces...actually they look like I'm performing some kind of body function/movement...but they're black and white so they're classy looking body function/movements!)
  • Recently went to Canberra for the 9th National Business Forum on Sustainability or Somethingorrather...which was nice...I had dinner with PM Rudd...I talked with him about some issues I had with his foreign policy and he really helped me through some unresolved issues I had with my self-esteem and getting to like who I am...which was nice
  • Jenter Zilm has come back from cruising...on a cruise...he was playing trumpet...and it sounds like it was an awesome experience...and no it wasn't like The Love Boat...idiots...I already asked.
  • Have seen about 3 or 4 shows in the last week that friends were in...Nick Kong as Jimmy in Thoroughly Modern Millie...in which he was a standout (along with his Millie), Rachel Juhasz as Lois in Kiss Me, Kate...definite standout...best thing in the show by a long shot...and Helena Plazzer as Mrs Lovett in Sweeney Todd...again...most impressive thing in the show...such a strong interpretation...and tonight we're seeing Jojo Sutton in The Fan at VCA...so fingers crossed for that one...we haven't actually ever seen her perform in a drama and she's in her final year of a 3 year acting degree!
  • Preparing to move in late June/early July...which involves looking at properties and trying to arrange inspection times and being completely intimidated by the whole damn thing...it's funny...I'm an incredibly mature, level-headed, and I would say adult adult...but when it comes to these kinds of things...I feel so young and out of my depth...like I need my Dad to organise it or something...which is crazy I know...but I can't explain...like I'm 18 and about to buy a car...
  • I'm auditioning for one or two shows...I won't tell you what...just in case I don't get in and then have to be embarrassed because you know that I auditioned and didn't get in...let's put it this way...if I don't do a show in the next 4 months...I auditioned for things but obviously sucked enough to be rejected...hard to believe I know...

So that's been the last few weeks in my life...sorry about the lack of posting...I know you guys missed me...who wouldn't!? And I'll try to be regular in the future...actually I had some prunes for breakfast so that regularity should kick in pretty damn soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally another post!
I have been pining for more of your witty, insightful, entertaining and intelligent writing.
Do you know your fans need you??

James Antonas said...

I don't doubt it!